On 26 May, the Russian House in Brussels, together with the Institute of Europe of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the journal “Russia in Global Affairs”, and the Russian International Affairs Council, will hold the third International Expert Forum «European Meridian, XXI». The discussion titled “Post-pandemic. The digitalisation of social relations and international social initiatives” will be moderated by Fyodor LUKYANOV, Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs journal, and host of the global political and economic TV programme «International Review» on Russia24 channe, Russia.
Watch the live broadcast at 15:30 Moscow time.
The pandemic has also made great strides in the digitalisation of social and political life. On the eve of and especially at the height of the sanitary crisis, communication has become a powerful socio-political factor, and those who control it and have the ability to gather information have gained enormous power. The technological giants are the operators of this space. Information space keeps humanity in a common communication field and ensures the global interconnection of the world. What line will the EU and Russia seek to take in the face of global communication challenges?
- Gianluca SGUEO, research associate at the Brussels School of Governance, Belgium
- Мarc FRANCO, Senior Associate Fellow of Royal Institute for International Relations – EGMONT, Belgium
- Maxim SUCHKOV, Director of the Center for Advanced American Studies and Associate Professor at the Department of Applied International Analysis at MGIMO-University, Russia
- Thierry MONFORTI, Director of Academic Service and Admissions at the College of Europe, Belgium
- Stanislav TKACHENKO, Professor at the Department of European Studies, Head of the Diplomacy of the Russian Federation and Foreign Countries Programme at the Faculty of International Relations St. Petersburg University, Russia