On Saturday, 20 November 2021, at 9:10 a.m. Moscow time (GMT+3) Fyodor Lukyanov, Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs magazine, will take part in Keynote Panel, titled “The Geopolitics of Competition and Alignments: How Far will the Strategic Rivalries Go and What are the Chances for Rapprochement?”, within the framework of a virtual Global Town Hall conference.
Live broadcast of the Panel will be available via this link — https://www.gth2021.com/ — after registration.
15-hour marathon discussion on current affairs “Managing Competition, Conflict, and Cooperation in a Pandemic World” is organized by Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia (FPCI).
The purpose of the Global Town Hall is to provide an independent platform to discuss the state of the world still grappling with the COVID-19 crisis, evaluate policy challenges and lessons learned, and gather ideas for future direction, especially in terms of how to rebuild the world economically, socially, environmentally, diplomatically, and even geopolitically.
The virtual conference will be a global discussion covering different time zones across the world, from Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Russia, Canada, North America, and Latin America.
- Fyodor Lukyanov, Research director of the Valdai Discussion Club, Chairman of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policy
- Kishore Mahbubani, Distinguished Fellow of the Asia Research Institute (ARI) at National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Stephen Smith, Minister of Defense (2010-2013), Minister of Foreign Affairs of Australia (2007-2010)
- Major General (Ret.) Dr. Yao Yunzhu, Senior Advisor at China Association of Military Sciences, Academic Committee Member at Center for International Security and Strategy (CISS) at Tsinghua University
- Rommel C. Banlaoi, Chairman and Executive Director of the Philippine Institute for Peace, Violence, and Terrorism Research (PIPVTR)
- Ebtesam al-Ketbi, Founder and President of the Emirates Policy Center
The live broadcast of the Panel will be available via this link — https://www.gth2021.com/ — after registration.