On June 16th, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Moscow time (GMT+3) Fyodor Lukyanov, Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs magazine, Chairman of the Presidium of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policy and Research director of the Valdai Discussion Club, will take part in the Beirut Institute Summit e-Policy Circle 37 titled “Stability Redefined – Who Authors the Future?”.
The general theme of the e-Policy Circles is “Stability Redefined: Who Authors the Future?”. The conversation will touch on the following issues:
- President Biden’s trip to Europe and his meeting with President Putin
- The dispute over the Nile Dam between Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan; European and American efforts on that matter; its impact on the Horn of Africa
- The Vienna talks and the JCPOA
- Iranian-Israeli relations and their impact on Palestine
- Pekka Haavisto, Foreign Minister of Finland. Former Minister of the Environment and Minister for International Development of Finland
- Joey Hood, US Acting Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs. Former Deputy Chief of Mission in Iraq and Kuwait, and Consul General and Principal Officer in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Fyodor Lukyanov, Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs magazine, Chairman of the Presidium of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policy and Research director of the Valdai Discussion Club
- Mariam al-Sadiq al-Mahdi, Foreign Minister of Sudan. Leader of the National Umma Party
- Raghida Dergham, Founder and Executive Chairman of the Beirut Institute
This session will be on the record and live-streamed on Beirut Institute’s Facebook page. It will be recorded and available with Arabic subtitles for viewing at www.beirutinstitute.org and on Beirut Institute’s Youtube channel.